Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 11:40:46 -0400

> The sardaukar in the movies had the best armor, but I'm not sure if that
> strictly follows the book. The fremen had no armor to speak of. The
> Atreides shields would be like armor 5 or 6, though nuking the battlefield
> with a laser would be bad. I don't remember the harkonnen using them. There
> weren't many lasers available, fortunately, due to the ban on computers to
> control them. A dune modification would be hand to hand heavy.
>
> Sardaukar and Fremen would be CC 5 or 6 . Fremen should have infiltration
> (that will get nasty!) but with armor 3 .Both should be stubborn. The
> harkonen regulars would have CC: 2, armor 4.
>
> Don't forget the ornithopters. And who gets to make stats for worms and
> spice harvesters!

and don't forget Maula pistols. But if you do set the war on Dune it has to be
before the 2nd last book.
Also, if you set the war on Arrakis then the worms would be partly controlled
by Fremen except for the random worm attack.

Since worms could withstand lasguns they are quiet nasty.

and don't forget Spice Blows

Tyler Provick
Semper Fi