Re: [Epic] 3000 pt battle coming up

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 12:40:45 -0400

The Reverend Dixon wrote:

> I would ditch the assault marines. they'll get eaten up as the bugs
> close. you need to stand back and use rapid fire. trust me, i have a
> good friend who plays bug. Oh, and keep a few thunderhawks on intercept
> to stop those damn harridans. they suck.

Do you know what I like about Space Marines, you can basically use any sort of
well-planned strategy to beat them, same with orks. On the other end of the spectrum
is Tyranids, where you want to spend the entire game shooting at them from the corner
as they close in on you. You almost never want to close the gap, so the Space Marines
maneuverability is limited. I think people should discover ways to beat 'nids without
taking a bunch of arty and pounding them from afar

Tyler