RE: [Epic] Games Workshop and Armorcast

From: <e.to.?Kagi.Sh_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 98 22:31:06 -0400

Well of course. GW feels that if they charge x amount of dollars, it
must be worth it :) Look at all the offerings from Armorcast. For only
$38 you can get an eldar tempest. Now isn't this LESS than GW is
offering the fire prism for? How about the Armorcast ork battlewagon,
which was an exact copy of the GW battlewagon. Didn't that sell for LESS
than the GW plastic variant (which, in my book, was flimsy and not as
durable). Heck, for $80 you can get a nice warhound titan, for $140 a
very nice reaver titan. Look at the tyranid vehicles. For about $28+
you can pick from THREE different tyranid vehicles (which you KNOW GW
would charge far more for). You can bet that anything that comes from
the enhanced scale that GW is going to make that prices will be far more
than Armorcasts. I plan on stocking up on quite a few of these models
before they quit selling them. I know of one store who plans on buy
several hundred models to keep them in circulation as long as possible
(and to make a pretty profit when they do go out of print). If I were
Armourcast, I would cast as many of these as possible until the Oct 1
deadline (and I mean work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...) and then turn
around and sell them. Maybe they couldn't "officially" sell them, but
hey, there isn't a law against a third party selling these items on the
second hand market. Enough of that, though. If you would EVEN consider
paying the exhorbitant prices for the GW plastic models (which are next
to impossible to dupe...unlike the lead miniatures) then you should look
at some of the armorcast stuff.
Doug