[Epic] Where to go?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 17:40:40 +0000

> I agree. There is no better place for NetEpic to grow, than this list.
> IMHO, these messages have been the best this list has ever seen.
> People who think otherwise should just press the delete button instead
> of whining about it. I delete 50% of messages posted on the list just
> by the subject line because, IMHO, most of the stuff here is not so
> interesting.
>
> - Jason

I will use Jason's comment as a springboard to state my opionion on the
moving of Net Epic. Up to this point response has been slow to
non-exsistent with the few comments hailing from people of this list and
no input from anyone from the outside. Also many people have stated
thier disapproval of how the L-page works.

I would really hate to see the proyect grow stagnant due to this. Also
some have put forth the idea of a separate mailing list, but my
understanding to the reason for moving the proyect in the first place
was that the large e-mail response was to much for some peoples accounts
due to space restrictions. Wouldn't another list with the same volume
cause the same problem?

I also understand that some may not be interested in the proyect, but
even these have put forth valuable opinions.

IMHO I think there were a good number of people who wanted it to stay on
the list, remember this proyect will end, and with the speed of your
words what ever inconvience due to a lot of mail will not be for a long
time.

What I'm asking for, as always,are for your opinions. This not to say
the work of Doddsy was in vain, it will continued to be screened for
opinions outside the list(so it can truely earn its name Net Epic),
but I fear without the support so freely given on this list the proyect
will stop dead in its present state.

On another note, if it is decided to once again include net Epic in this
forum, I will follow some helpful hints suggested by you all; I will
keep my responses from net epic to one weekly summary, this will cut
down the overall mail, if something warrants an answer sooner or if
theres a question I will respond directly to that person and later post
it in the summary if warranted. To avoid misinterpretations I'll keep
separate my opinions from 'agreed on" net Epic material. also i will
include in each summary a exact number count of the vote on any
consensus(again to avoid confusions).

Thank you for your time and now it is for you to decide!

Peter

This is a repeated message since the original may have not gotten
through due to an error.