Re: [Epic] Make your game

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:10:26 PDT

A green skin wrote :

>Waaaaaghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
>
>On saturday 18 july :
>Three eldar's phantom titan, one archonte's titan and 2 eldar's scout
titan
>versus 3 Big gargant, 1 mega gargant and two gargants.
>
>Who's won ?
>If you have a idea for stategic or everything, i read you with
>pleasure.

I assume that you play Orks. :)
So, forgot all these death rays and other mega-cannons which can't do
anything agaisnt Eldar holofields. Same comment about weapons with
barrage templates, this kind of weapon is useless against titans. Choose
heavy weapons batteries : high fire power can easily elude the
holofields and each hit will be a critical one.
Your big problem will be to get in range with these titans : you don't
have long range weapons and Phantoms are really fast...

Be very careful when engaging Eldar titans : their holofields can
protect them against your close assault attacks so be sure to have
higher AV when you charge them.
I suggest that you don't isolate your gargants, they will be able to
support each other in firefights and close assauts.

Last thing, pray Gork and Mork because I don't think Gargants without
any support can stand against Eldar titans which are War Engine Killers!
:(

Now, I'm waiting for your battle report with impatience! ;oD

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/08/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/