RE: [Epic] Geohex Terrain

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:20:09 -0400

> Is it good?

I really like it for Epic. If I just made typical hills, I'd get a flat
plain with lumps here and there. I think Geohex lets you build more of a
landscape.

It takes a while to set up. I think it would be faster if I had a few more
pieces, and wasn't trading off different pieces to get the effect I wanted.

> Is it expensive?

Yes, but you can do stuff with it you can't do with hills you just plop
down, unless you've got modular hills. (I've wondered whether modular
square boards would have been better, but a lot more work.)

You can order Geohex terrain from discount mail order companies. I believe
Travelling Mage has it on his product list.

> How much do you get?

You can see the makeup of each set on the geo hex page: www.geohex.com

I've got one basic set, one rough terrain hill set, and odds and ends. I'd
like to get a bit more, but it isn't high priority right now. I think
having some more typical smaller hills and other terrain to set on top of
raised areas created with Geohex is a good idea.

> Is it worth the money?

I think so.

andy