[Epic] Necro's in 40k

From: <Solzak_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:55:57 EDT

Here's a cool idea for an entrance of necrons

       Over four melinnia ago man was at his weakest. It was a crude time of
arrows and gunpowder. Where swords and axes were the best weapons. Where man
desperately strove to gain dominance over several different races. Orcs and
goblins ravaged half of the empire in a monumental Waaagh!. Where Demons and
followers of Chaos spread their dark influence upon any who would listen.
Where beings who were very similar to the Eldar would either be in a living
forest or upon a great island of riches. Where the squats lived in the
mountins of old. Where rat-like humans were always trying new ways to gain
control over all humanity. Where overgrown Lizards fought to carry out what
their ancestors had started. But the greatest threat to man, was not another
race. It was the the very essence of shear horror. Where a human not only
fought for his life...but his very soul. This threat is known to us today by
the name of "Necron".

        I record this story tonight so that my accounts may help save the lives of
trillions loyal to the Emporer. I know that what you are about to read will
seem as if I were just making a horror story to amuse you. I must warn
you...this is true.

        I had been serving in the space marine chapter of the Gargoyles for over
twenty-five years on the world of Pysala. It was a small world, insignificant
compared to the hive worlds. It was a planet of mainly water. Learning to
use aquatic equipment was a must for any Gargoyle. I had just recently been
told by a messanger sent from our shapters head phsyker that I was to prepare
to leave for Earth. At first I was overwhelmed by the honor to see the world
where the Emperor's golden throne resides. How foolish was I not to ask the
importance of this mission.

        When I arrived their I was amazed at how graciously they welcomed me. As I
stepped off the shuttle I saw a man staing in front of the stairs who bore the
mark of an Inquisitor. I was in shock at the strong, overpowering Inquisitor.
I could tell by the humungous sword that he wore at his side that he was a man
who usually got what he wanted. He welcomed me with a hearty handshake and a
pat on the back. Silently he pointed to a large door which I assumed was
where we were going to talk. As I sat down in the seat I saw a projector come
to life and started showing pictures. They were all arial pictures of an
island. "These are portraits of and Island near the coast of Salfinqe. What
makes these pictures so strange is that this island has never been recorded of
in the history of the Imperium." the Inquisitor stated firmly. "Less than a
month ago the people of Salfinqe reported a gigantic black cloud hanging over
a particular part of the ocean. After over three days the cloud had still not
moved. They then immediately called the Imperial station less than one-
hundred miles away. We sent a scout to search the area using a small plane.
We lost contact with the scout and have heard nothing else. After the loss we
decided to send in a squad of three thunderhawks. They took these
pictures."The Inquisitor said. "So why exactly am I here?" I calmly asked.
"You, being a member of the space marine chapter of Gargoyles are very
expereinced in water travel. The large black cloud continues to grow makeing
it impossible to travel by air. That is why you and a detachment of One
dreadnaught 3 squads of Imperial Fists and Blood Angels will sail to this
island a see first hand what is happening. I will accomponnay you along with
my personal bodyguard of 4 Terminators." He replied emotionlessly.

        As the ship sailed quickly through the water I marveled at how the
dreadnaught took such precise aim in seconds. "There it is. The isle of the
Black Cloud." A crew member yelled. I remembered that name from an old
legend I had heard while trying to help an old man. He said that he had lived
for countless years and that when he was a boy he found an old book that
seemed as if it were alive. He mentioned of such an island that would rise
from the sea and rekindle an ancient fued. At that point the man passed away
seemeing to turn into a very pale color.

        As we landed I was the first one of the bought. The ground looked as it had
been shifted several times withing the last few hours. It was pitch black
except for the dreadnaught's humungous lights. As we walked through what
seemed to be a forrest we came upon a building the size of the golden throne
itself. Seeming as if we were ants we approached the largest doorway I had
ever seen in my entire life. A titanic black iron door with chains the size
of an entire terminator squad. The dreadnaught at that moment stepped
backwards. It then to move it's adamantium legs to an incredible speed asd it
charged toward the door. right when it seemed as if the dreadnaught would hit
the door a dozen missiles fired straight into the blacvk iron and left a hole
big enough to let the dreadnaught enter. When we steppend inside we saw a
gargantuas stairway leading down. We could not take the dreadnaught down
however it would simply not fit on the stairway. So we left the dreadnaught
in the main room. As we continued to walked down the stairway we kept hearing
faint voices as if trying to come out of the very walls. As we continued down
we finally came to a chamber that was over a mile long. So we began to walk.
What was so strange was that there were torches on every column as if inviting
us into the jaws of death. When we reached the end there was a single door
the size of Speeder bike. As we walked through we saw a humungous
sarcaphagous. We stared up as the sarcuphogus stood right to the sky as there
was no roof to this room. As we stood there we noticed a small movement
behind a column. Then another, and another. We knew what had happened...We
were trapped. Then out of nowhere something that I had never imagined except
in my nightmares seemed to appear from the walls. A man... but no ordinary
man. It was a rotting carcass the size of a marine. It grinned at the squad
of Blood Angels and at that moment hordes of hands rose from the ground.
Grasping and clawing at the Angels. Pulling them down one by one. I will
never forget how valiantly those marines fought. In less than fifteen seconds
the entire squad was nothing more than a single helmet. Then the carcass
turned it's weary eye to the Inquisitor. I will not mention the fate of the
poor Inquisitor who put up the boldest fight I ever saw against the creature.
All that was left now was a few Imperial fists and myself. At that moment the
creature simply vanished and the ground began to shake. Then, the door to the
sarcophagous began to rumble open. The ground shaked harder and harder and
the sarcophagous opend faster and faster until it stood wide open. Then all
the torches blew out instantly and the temperature dropped below zero.

        Nothing in the history of the Imperium could prepare me for what happened
next. Two eyes burning red opened with lightning speed. And then out stepped
the most enourmous thing That could be possibly imaginable. Three Imperial
Fists dropped dead at the sight of it. It had to be the size of over ten
Mega-Gargants. It let out a hidious laugh and began to open it's bat-like
wings and hover off the ground and said in a chilling voice of over ten-
thousand people "Know this puny realm of man...The time has come for your un-
doing. The mighty hordes of the dead are assembled throughout the galaxy. We
will bring utter domination under one banner. And that is the banner of the
all-powerful Necrons!" At that point I noticed I was the only living person
in this room. All the marines had been killed and I began to run. I ran
withought stopping and finally reached the stairs. When I reached the top I
noticed the dreadnaught was gone. I swam back to the town where I am writing
this tale. Know this...the Un-dead are here!