Re: [Epic] Re: [EPIC] Epic 40k stats/pre-sale

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:29:12 +0800

At 10:29 AM 3/3/97 +1000, you wrote:

>Oh, so the threat of the Tyranid, chaos incursions, ork invasions and
>traitorous world leaders only have teeney tiny armies so that the marines
>can make a difference? My opinion of the battles, the real battles are of
>enormous numbers of troops. The novels suggest huge numbers. The Imperial
>fleet is said to be able to block out the stars from it's size. Why would
>the battles be of a smaller scale in the future? And why would they suddenly
>become personal? Just to justify GW's beleif that Close Combat is the be all
>and end all of future war? Most warfare at present has less personal contact
>then ever, why would it reverse so much?

Maybe GW realises that large-scale battles (read small miniatures) will not
sell well. Case : Space Fleet (or whatever they have for spaceship game),
Epic, Warhammer.

And since they are the fluff writers, they can change the orientation
anytime they want.

Maybe what the public wants is glossy-detailed miniatures of characters and
opportunity to min-max ing. And also allow GW to expand the lines endlessly
(not like Necromunda).

And since they make some of the finest miniatures around, it is fairly easy
to push their games and miniatures. I mean, I got myself Werewolf and some
TSR stuff recently. No comparison. The amount of words and work they have to
do to get my US$20-30 is much, much more than GW Codices. Whereas the
codices are as one of them blurted out "cut and paste" - he was explaining
why there so many repetitious errors in some Codices.

Regards
Oki
p.s. All the same, it is a foregone conclusion I will buy Epic40k when it
comes out :( or is it :) ?