Re: [Epic] Painting

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 07:55:34 -0400

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> Salutations,
>
> I was wondering how you were planning the painting of your figs : do you
> firstly choose your detachments and paint them or do you paint the figs
> and see after what you can do with them. Do you schedule your painting,
> etc...

When painting infantry, I put them in alligator clips (by the base) and
paint each one seperately in groups of 10. This way I can get all the way
around the fig and catch the finer details. I don't think it takes that long
and it is definatley easier than trying to paint them on the old square
bases. I have tried to paint on the new long bases and found the figs get in
each others way. As to planning, I usually paint up a bunch the same things
at one time. e.g. 10 stands of squat thunderers or 6 stands of hormagaunts.
One of the benefits of painting this way is that all of my infantry stands
are painted before I can use them. Vehicles are another matter entirely. My
imperial guard tanks were airbrushed the base color and now wait to be
finished. out of 60 tanks (or so) 6 are finished.

Is this what you were after?
anvil