Re: [Epic] Painting

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 06:14:33 PDT

anvil a �crit :

>When painting infantry, I put them in alligator clips (by the base) and
>paint each one seperately in groups of 10. This way I can get all the
way
>around the fig and catch the finer details. I don't think it takes that
long
>and it is definatley easier than trying to paint them on the old square
>bases. I have tried to paint on the new long bases and found the figs
get in
>each others way.

I agree with you. When I was playing SM/TL, I had to paint each fig of
my infantry stands one by one! But I'm not a great and fast painter and
it was too long. When the new stands were released I was very happy
because they seemed to be easy to paint. Unfortunately it's not true
with such units as Nobz or assault marines, each fig take a lot of place
on the stand.
Anyway, I don't paint my stands fig per fig any more because it's too
long...

> As to planning, I usually paint up a bunch the same things
>at one time. e.g. 10 stands of squat thunderers or 6 stands of
>hormagaunts.
>One of the benefits of painting this way is that all of my infantry
>stands
>are painted before I can use them.

So you don't plan your detachments before painting?

> Vehicles are another matter >entirely. My
>imperial guard tanks were airbrushed the base color and now wait to >be
>finished. out of 60 tanks (or so) 6 are finished.

60 tanks?! As I need about 1 hour to make one (and without painting well
:(, I would need 60 hours to paint all of them... Pfff! I'm tired just
by thinking about all the work! ;)

>Is this what you were after?

Yes, merci.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                  Under Construction

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/