RE: [Epic] vortex artillery

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:22:33 -0400

> Vortex missiles are not Artillery. They definitely do require Line of
> Sight. Even then, given the cost, there is a WD article recommending
> that they do a D6 AT shots (not a D6 Death Rays) to anything under the
> template.

Although in general I like this rule, I've got a question. I'm comparing
the weapon to other Titan weapons, rather than thinking of the Deathstrike,
though I realize should be considered.

The Pulsar fires d6 AT shots, and can fire all game long. Although it can't
apply d6 AT shots to everything under a template, it does have the
flexibility to spread its d6 AT shots around. Also, when multiple things
are under the template, the d6 AT shots are likely to be overkill. I think
the flexibility of the Pulsar balances the template. So does the revised
vortex missile equal other titan weapons, given its one shot? I thought of
giving it one critical hit, but even one of those is pretty tough on a
biotitan.

andy