Re: [Epic] bases (an old and stupid question?)

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:34:07 -0400

> does any one know what (besides potentially increased sales) made GW
> change the bases of the infantry stands in epic 40k from the 20 mm base
> of SM? I mean dose it say in the rulebook, or do they in some way try to
> explain it?

Personally I like painting the 5th man on the straight bases rather then
the 5th man on the square bases (In the middle boy I call him)Other then
that they do make the infantry look a little denser, except all arranged in
marching order even in the heat of combat.
For deciding templates the square bases are nicer, if the middle guy gets
hit them they all get hit. The flags are nicer in the square bases, I'm not
sure why they got rid of that with the rectangles.
I think they mention the game designers thoughts on that in a WD I'm to lazy
to find for you, but I know that the GW Designers said they liked the new
bases.

Tyler