Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:01:22 +0000

> I was having a think about the frightening vulnerability of titans to close
> combat by swarms of cheap troops and it occurs to me that in fact there is
> no problem at all...
>
> Check this train of reasoning and see if there is a flaw:
>
> 1) When you make base to base contact with a model you are "pinned" and
> must stop moving. (Unless you are a flyer, skimmer, too big to be pinned by
> the thing you contact or the enemy model is already pinned.)
>
> 2) In order to gain a multiple attacker bonus on a titan, you must contact
> the feet (unless you are a flyer, skimmer, jump troop or titan).
>
> 3) YOU CAN'T CONTACT THE FEET IF YOU ARE PINNED BY BASE TO BASE CONTACT!!!!
>

> Soooooo....
>
> Unless the titan is pinned by another titan, only skimmers and jump troops
> can get a multiple attacker bonus on the titan.
>
> One of the guys I play with suggests that I must be deranged to even suggest
> something this absurd but I don't know, as the rules stand (I mean EPIC
> Space Marine) I can't see any problem.
>
> Feedback, please...
>
> Agro

As I've never seen a copy of Titan Legions, I'll have to accept that
the rules are as you have stated them.
In which case, it seems inconsistant that you have to reach the
titans legs to attack it in hand to hand, but you can be pinned by
the base. However I realise that it would be unworkable to have to
touch the feet to be pinned, so willing to accept some reason why you
can be pinned ny the base.

This aside, I like this theory. It makes sense(mostly) and solves
the H-t-H problem.
Colin P
9404237p_at_...