Re: [Epic] Transports and overwatch

From: Needle <costa_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 19:07:15 +0200

> > Hmmm, well, I looked it up last night - the rules don't even address this.
> > All they say is that the transported units loose 5cm of movement - nothing
> > about how to place the unit when it disembarks. <sigh>
>
> I reread those rules last night myself. While they aren't specific (it's GW,
> are you suprised?) they do state that it takes 5cm of movement to either
> pick up or put down a transported unit. If you've got to put it down, where
> else are you going to put it down other than touching the transporting unit?
>
> In my own group we've allowed Orks on overwatch to enter the board riding
> a seperate detachment of Battlewagons on march. It's a powerful maneuver for
> them, but we feel the Orks need the help.
>
> In any event, I think this is probably worthy of becoming a Jervis Q. I'll
> let you know his opinion when I get it.

Even if the rules say nothing specific about this , my opinion is that
this move march+overwatch is totally absurd ; furthermore , you loose 5
cm for disembarking, then you can move with left allowance , but
overwatch detachment can't move for they spend all their allowance in
disembarking .
Any more opinion ?