Re: [Epic] We've all gone bonkers...

From: <KrazyLlama_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:38:59 EDT

Walt asked about Blood Blowl... As a player in a fledgling Blood Bowl league
I'd have to say that it is nothing short of one of the most beautiful games
that I have ever played both in theory and in gameplay... The sheer fun
involved in it makes it worth playing just on its own. The choice of teams,
the tactical bargaining, etc. for me are in most ways easier and in some ways
much more enjoyable than Epic in all the forms I have played it (that is
second edition and 40K). That it is also cheap (boxed sets at least, teams are
very expensive) makes it an extremely attractive gaming choice.... In other
words, if you're interested, play this game. GorkaMorka is Ork infighting
between various factions trapped on the planet Vangelis (I think that's its
name), and a few stray humans and Gretchin fighters... In all actuality, it is
much more related to Necromunda/W40K than to Blood Bowl at all. Necromunda is
incredibly enjoyable, as well, so GorkaMorka should be interesting at least.
When Dropship Issue 2 comes out, watch for my article on Epic GorkaMorka; it
won't be like GorkaMorka exactly, but it'll give a good feeling for what the
game may be like, if in no other way than atmosphere.

Shervin