[Epic] creatures (was SM2 Army Cards Distribution)

From: Fredrik Berggren <fredde_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 12:23:16 +0200

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> There are already some rules, I've got the copy of them somewhere and
> the URL where you can find find them but I would not be able to do
> that
> until monday. If you're interested mail me.

I'm very interested in all sorts of rules, especially those your talking
about.

> Now, why do you need precise rules for peaceful creatures (I don't
> speak
> about civilians)?

I don't feel that peaceful animals necessarily needs to just run away.
they can act as moving terrain obstacles... all of a sudden a bunch of
dirtboars emerges in front of your advancing marines. the boars don't
mind but your marines has to go around them or through them (difficult
ground). or they can be noisy... the sleek eldar harlequins sneak up on
the ork settlement. all of sudden some screamsquigs starts to scream
nullifying the hiding of the harlequins and giving the ork guards +1 to
hit.
I feel that rules for things like this can add both realism and a touch
of the humorous side of the 40k universe presented in Rough Trader.

//fredde