Re: [Epic] Where to go?

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 03 Mar 1997 10:23 EST

In message "[Epic] Where to go?", you write:

> > From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
> >
> > I would really hate to see the proyect grow stagnant due to this. Also
> > some have put forth the idea of a separate mailing list, but my
> > understanding to the reason for moving the proyect in the first place
> > was that the large e-mail response was to much for some peoples accounts
> > due to space restrictions. Wouldn't another list with the same volume
> > cause the same problem?
>
> Only to those people subscribed to both.
>
> > I also understand that some may not be interested in the proyect, but
> > even these have put forth valuable opinions.
> >
> > IMHO I think there were a good number of people who wanted it to stay on
> > the list, remember this proyect will end, and with the speed of your
> > words what ever inconvience due to a lot of mail will not be for a long
> > time.
> >
> > What I'm asking for, as always,are for your opinions.
>
> Just keep a list of everyone interested in the project, and
> send all netEpic messages to everyone in that list. Simple. Convenient.
> Everyone is happy.
>
> Scott
> shupes_at_...

I'd have to agree with Scott; I would prefer not to see reams of Net Epic
messages on the list, and if Gunnar can't tell you how to set up a separate
list (why not?) then Scott's suggestion is the best way to go. Weekly ads would
still catch new members of this list who might be interested in it.

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa.