Re: [Epic] Quick review of Eldar army

From: Petri Heiramo <Petri.Heiramo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:54:50 +0300 (EETDST)

> You would probably want some Fire Prisms...With a thunderhawk he's bound to
> have at least 1 marauder bobmer and those can eat Night Wings....And with the
> thunderhawks firepower 8 it's probably better to wars it off with fire
> prisms.

        Hmm... my second design did include 4 Fire Prisms, divided into
two Doomlooms (notice the new name ;). The change would also include 6
'Spinners instead of original 4, making the group even more dangerous (and
more likely to receice undivided attention from opponent).

> As for the suprememe commander...I always include an avatar
> 1.Makes all units within 30cm stubborn
> 2.Save
> 3.Rampage
> 4.Assault 8
> as for the bodyguard just mount him and like 3 other infintry in 2 wave
> serpents

        I was thinking about including a Farseer in the army, riding a
Vyper and commanding a group of Jetbikes. He gives an additional reroll
for firefight (correct?), plus makes the unit stubborn. Actually, I
didn't remember the stubborn part which is really good considering that
mobility is essential for the jetbikes.
        BTW, the one time I used avatar resulted in him being
firefought in the very first firefight of the game and him failing the
save. Totally useless and I haven't used him since. Haven't missed him
either.

        Jours, Petri

Petri Heiramo Lokinkuja 56, 45100 KOUVOLA, 05-3810177
heiramo_at_... Ilkantie 9 A 5, 00400 HELSINKI, 09-5871501
I have a web page, therefore I am. http://www.lut.fi/~heiramo/