RE: [Epic] New Epic player

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:08:40 -0400

> I've decided to trade in my 40k stuff for E40k. I've converted! So, I
> was wondering if anyone knew if GW was planning on releasing anymore
> E40k stuff, such as more titans, rules, etc. I want to know because I
> was wondering if I should go buy the old Space Marine box and Titan
> Legions box to get some titans. Any help for a newbie?

If you can find them cheaply, I'd suggest getting them. Titan Legions has
some knights in it, and they're neat, even if left out of official E40K.
(They may become more official with the rumored Firepower E40K supplement.)
The Imperator is kinda neat, but I don't know if I'll ever actually use the
thing. Buildings, 2 Megagargants, and bonebreakas (battlewagons) are also
there.

Space Marine has tons of tactical marines, rhinos, and old style Land
Raiders. The buildings and Warlord alone are probably worthwhile. I'm not
crazy about the old Eldar Falcons, though I do like the old Ork
Battlewagons.

Getting both sets would only get you one Warlord and one Imperator. If all
you want are the titans, I think that'd be a little expensive.

There are lots of neat pictures, fluff, and ideas, too.

If you're really interested in trading in your 40K stuff, I bet you could
make good deals on Bartertown.

andy