Re: [Epic] Newbie to Epic

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:55:50 -0600

Solzak_at_... wrote:

> I agree...From what I hear this Epic is auctually something where you can
> speed up the battles enourmously..Sure I have seen PHASES that last 1 hour but
> can you imagine that in "Old" Epic? Talk about 2-3 hours for one phase

  We had about 14 people showing up to play SM/TL every sunday at a local
gamestore. We could run three 5000 point games in sucession on a table during six
hours, so 2 hours per game. The turns did not take long in SM/TL, once you had
played a couple of games. I've found the new system takes much longer, especially
the close combat phase. the counting of eligible firepower and modifications seems
to take longer than the "Point and Roll" system in SM/TL as well.

Thane