Re: [Epic] Newbie to Epic

From: WolfSamurai <bushkids_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:03:29 -0600

At 07:42 PM 8/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Thane,
>
>I do not recognize the E40K you are playing and your references to the
older system,
>which I played extensively, and time to play, etc. are so out of whack
they hardly
>bear responding to. Anyone claiming to have properly run a game of 2nd
Edition with
>5000 pts pre side within 2 hours is a histiorical revisionist ... or
worse. I do not
>know you, so I will jsut assume you have an axe to grind and can't
remember well.

>It is clear you have a strong bias against the new system, which is your
loss. I am
>certain no amount of discussion is going to change you mind, so I will not
try
>reasoned argument with you. I would love to play with you sometime, and
show you as
>we go why the E40K systems is both a better wargame and a better
simulation. But, we
>may never have the cahance ... again, your loss.
>
>Please desist in trying to turn new players agains the best wargame system
ever
>published by GW and possibly one of the best ever ... based on having played
>literally dozens of miniatures systems and hundreds of board game systems
over the
>past 40 years. My mild loss of hand eye coordiantion may make my
comnputer gaming
>less skillful these days, but my strategic and tactical thinking skills
have never
>been better!
>
>We would all enjoy any positive comments about any system or any edition
of this
>game. As I said, I still play all the versions occasionally. But the BS
you spew
>about E40K is not well received.
>
>Greg

Referee Wolf says: No flaming. No reverse flaming. No unjust criticism.
Thane may have problems with E40K, but he still plays it (though I haven't
played him in a while). I personally feel that E40K is a great system, but
it is far from perfect. Speaking of the great E40K & SM/TL debate, Thane
did you say that you had the rules for these systems? If so I'd like to
borrow them if I may.

Aaron Roudabush aka WolfSamurai

The Master of the Spirit Blades Space Marine Chapter
Epic 40,000 Commander of Task Force Grey Wolf
Wood Elf, High Elf, and Dwarven General
Writer, Editor, and PR Representative for Resonator Software

"Only in the Fires of Hell can the Swords of Heaven be forged."