Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:49:52 -0400

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Scott Shupe wrote:
> >
> > Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
> > >
> > > Now there may be Daemon Princes that were not CSMs. In fact, there
> > > probably are.
> >
> > In fact, the WH40k Chaos Codex details 4 of them. =)
>
> Really? Which ones? (I have zero WH40K stuff, only Rogue Trader etc)

        I don't recall all the names or backstories off the
top of my head. The Codex details 1 DP for each power:
there's Doombreed, daemon prince of Khorne, who as I recall
was a warlord in some world's pre-gunpowder period. According
to the Codex he was on Horus' barge during the assault on
earth and took part in slaughtering the marines that were
sent up with the Emporer. The Slaanesh DP comes from the
WHFB world. The Nurgle DP is a super-powerful Chaos Spawn.
And the Tzeentch one is an elevated Lord of Change.

        The odd bit is, they're all more powerful than the
GDs for their respective chaos gods. And in SM/TL, the chaos
Primarchs are all more powerful than the GDs. Yet in E40k,
the Daemon Prince stats are much weaker than any of the GD
stats...

> What would your position be on, say, an all-SM army lead by an
> Inquisitor? One of the Ordo Malleus along with his Grey Knight (Space
> Marine Legion 666) bodyguard?

        Couldn't say, I'm not that familiar with the SM
supreme commander det. Don't Inquisitors count as SMs?

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Don't you laugh, damn you, don't you laugh!" - Clockwork Orange