[Epic] Epic] Imperial Tech & Bolters

From: <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:15:30 -0700

I consider anyone with FTL travel, plasma weapons, power armor, and advanced
genetic engineering to be pretty dang advanced. Sure some things don't make
sense. But this is a GAME. A FANTASY FUTURE game. It does not have to make
sense in any way, shape, or form as to WHY things are like the way they are.
Now, weapon effects and stuff...thats another story :)

BTW: Bolters a actually like mini grenade launchers. Quite a bit more
advanced then machineguns, and it does kinda explain their terrible range.

"The standard Space Marine weapon is the bolt gun, or bolter. This is a
light, rapid-fire weapon, firing a hail of small-caliber explosive shells.
Bolter shells generally use mass-reactive fuses, so that they explode after
penetrating the target, rather then upon impact: this makes the bolter a
highly effective anti-personnel weapon."
-SM1

And..

"Although much technology was lost during the fifteen centuries of the Age
of Strife, the Imperium is by no means technically backward. Industrial
complexes across the galaxy produce billions of items, from clothing to
plasma bombs. All of these installations are closely controlled by the
Administratum and the Adeptus Mechanicus, and it is not uncommon for the
workers in a factory to be completely unaware of the end product of their
labors"
-SM1

<snip>