Re: [Epic] Epic Skirmishes

From: Francois Bruntz <Francois.Bruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:09:18 +0100

Salutations Tzeentch,

Tu as �crit :

> I've looked at the Epic Escarmouch (sp?)

Right spelling is Epic Escarmouches (Skirmishes) but don't worry about
that, I can't ask you to speak French fluently. ;o)

> texts from The Laitus Prime Tribune
> page and want to know if anyone has actually played using it.

As I'm the "creator" of the rules (in fact they come essentially from SM/TL
and Epic 40k but the first one who tries to flame me about copyrights will
regret it badly! ;o), I actually play with them.
I've made several battles involving Space Marines, Orks and Eldars : they
were very interesting and my opponent and I have really enjoyed them
(surprise!).
Next week, we will play Last Square at Glazer Creek where hords of Orks
will try to slaugther a little IG force.
If any other player did test the rules, I would be very happy to hear his
comments : I know that the rules need a lot of improvements and any help
will be good. :)

(for memory, English translation of the rules can be found on the Laitus
Prime Tribune and on Maxx's Minis at http://members.xoom.com/alexis_usb)

>And the second
> question is, would it not be easier just to use the tabletop rules scaled
up
> for 6mm scale? Would seem much simpler.

You must be right but my aim was not really to make simple rules. There are
many reasons for the creation of Escarmouches :

        1- lack of time
        2- lack of place
        3- SM/TL nostalgia

Because of 1- and 2-, I couldn't play any more SM/TL as my Epic 40k games
were already taking a lot of time so we've decided to create some rules
very close to the second edition of Epic. I've always thought that SM/TL
was not a very good system for huge battles as individual units were really
too important but adapting the rules for skirmishes was, IMHO, a "good"
idea.

> For those who do use 6mm scale individual figs what size washer do you
use?
> I mount my dreads and other smaller machines on pennies now but those are
> too big for individual troopers.

I don't use any of them but I think that drawing pins' plastic tops could
be used. Small cardboard squares could be another idea.

Fran�ois Bruntz (ICQ : 14112031)

L'ORDinateur's Home Page
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruntz/

The Laitus Prime Tribune