Re: [Epic] Titans CAF

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:27:42 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:
> > Yes, I see a problem with this; it stops light troops from killing
> > titans. :) I see no reason why titans should be invincible to light
> > troops (light doesn't mean they aren't equipped with grenades; assault
> > troops have the best grenades). IMHO, if an unprotected titan gets
> > stomped by masses of infantry, it deserves to have a chance to die.
> > There should be tactics in defending these big machines too, as their
> > use, IMHO, doesn't require as much as tanks or infantry. :)
> > I do however think that assaulting infantry should only be allowed
> > to get hits on the lowest line of the titan template, unless they
> > are jetbikes or have jump packs.
> Have you examined the rules to determine if I am correct in my assertion
> that only skimers and assault troops can attack a non "pinned" titan?

 No I haven't, because I don't think this is how the rule was intented
 to be. JJ and AC warned us about reading too much into the text of the
 rules a long time ago. And everyone knows that GW is the worst in
 writing clear rule text.
 Also, this would, IMHO, totally unbalance the game in favor of titan
 armies.

        - Jason