RE: [Epic]Ot: Age

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:27:22 -0400

I didn't think I was going to do this, but: I'm 34.

I was expecting Mike Looney to be younger than he is. Don't know why.

Terrain:

I'm working on a hill with steep cliffs with a winding road around it. It's
4 or 5 layers of blue foam stacked up. I drew the first one and cut it out,
then traced it on a another piece of foam and expanded part of it, then
worked my way down to the bottom layer. I covered it with joint compound
(should have mixed in a lot of white glue with this, to make it stronger)
and sprayed it with primer. The spray melted some of the foam still
exposed, giving interesting holes. I painted it with gray interior paint,
and then put a mixture of that gray paint and a sand/texture paint (a Ralph
Lauren mistint from Home Depot, only cost 75 cents, and perfect for sandy
ground) on the road and flat surfaces. I gave it a black wash (which dried
more evenly than I'd like), and drybrushed a lighter gray and then an even
lighter gray. I also glued some tiny pebbles (I've got a bucket of 'em,
easily scooped off the road after they dumped 'em on snow) along some of the
cliff bottoms. I'm hoping to put some flocking on some flat surfaces, maybe
some vines. Looks neat, but I'm not sure how I'm going to use it in a game.
It would take a while to wind up the road!

andy