Re: [Epic] Re: �Epic� Titans

From: WolfSamurai <bushkids_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 09:59:19 -0600

>> I disagree. AT* means three AT weapons, so three BMs are necessary.
>> Although your interpretation would help limit LRs.
>>
>> DV
>>
>> Post office does not deliver mail without postage. And sometimes, even
>> with.
>
>It comes down to how many weapons there are, as someone else pointed out. A
>single weapon is shut down by a single Blast Marker, as Jervis describes in
>his Q&A answers. A Land Raider has two AT weapons, so it takes to BM's to
>shut down a Land Raider's AT fire.

What I think we're doing in this discussion is confusing a single weapon
which acts like multiple AT or DR and just multiple AT or DR. A pulsar, for
example, is a single weapon which acts like d6 AT. And as such can be shut
down with 1 BM. Another example is a Vortex missile. It does d6 DR to each
stand under the template, but the vortex missile itself is just 1 weapon
and can, again, be shut down with 1 BM. OTOH, the land raider has 2 AT
shots, thus requiring 2 BM to shut it down. In the Dominatrix discussion
the 3xAT is a result of firing just one weapon: the Energy Pulse. In an
Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus each of those weapons can be shut completely
down with 1 BM just because, no matter how many times they shoot or what
they do, they're listed as a single weapon in the weapons list.

Aaron Roudabush aka WolfSamurai

The Master of the Spirit Blades Space Marine Chapter
Epic 40,000 Commander of Task Force Grey Wolf
Wood Elf, High Elf, and Dwarven General
Writer, Editor, and PR Representative for Resonator Software

"Only in the Fires of Hell can the Swords of Heaven be forged."