Re: [Epic]Ot: Age

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 17:21:21 -0500

I am not sure either. My experience supports a broad range of ages and older
folks playing Epic.

I have been playing this game since SM1/TL days ... because it was and is one
of the least expensive miniatures games to get into. At first I thought I
would use the miniatures for SL/ASL ... but then I found I liked the game and
got interested in the GW Universe. I now play some WHFB (Have full dark Elf
army) and plan to buy 40K with its next release in October. Those games are
NOT cheap from a miniatures point of view! I have all the Epic armies and
didn't spena a lot more than I spent on my WHFB army ... and Epic was way
easier to paint! (Sorry for the $$ digression!)

My local E40K group is composed of about 12+ hard core players (play 1-2 or
more times each month) and another 6 to 8 players who play about once each
month. The hard core group includes several over 40 folks (3-4), a number of
late 20's and early 30's types (3-4), and a school age group in the teens and
early twenties (4-5). The other players are mostly WHFB and 40K players who
join in for caompaigns and tourneys. They are mostly in their 20's

If the target is 13 yr olds, then they are missing the boat IMHO. And, I
guess the true value of age ... wisdom ... leads us to pick the better game
... Epic!