Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 09:34:10 -0600

At 09:37 PM 3/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>At 09:47 AM 3/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>At 11:27 PM 3/1/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>
>>>What I really want to know is why people think that you CAN swarm a titan
>>>with hordes of little things when the rules so round a boutly say you
can't...

>>>Agro
>>
>>Actually, they say it is "just about possible" to do so, or something very
>>similar. Of course, it is the preferred method in actuality, but that's
>>neither here nor there.
>>
>>Temp
>
>Well attacking the feet if you are pinned by the base makes it "just about
>impossible" doesn't it?
>
>Agro

I think you missed my point. The rules don't round-a-boutly say you can't
swarm a titan. They say specifically that is IS possible.

I dont' think it should be as easy as it is, but that's a long way from
impossible. In any case, if you put a 150 pt detachment around the base of
a titan, you can effectively stop any attempt to swarm it. On eof my
favorite tactics is to surround a warhound with pink horrors. The horrors
on charge can just barely keep up with the Warhound on advance, and nothing
is going to fight its way through an effective 15 stands in one turn.

Another option is to give Eldar titans the disengage option for close
combat. Kill as many stands as you want, until you are in danger of losing,
then simply step away from the rest. There's a similar skill for the
imperials, but I think it's more brute force (extra d6 or reroll or
something). And everybody has the tactical genius option, so you move after
enemy troops and can therefore only be pinned by other titans.

Temp