Re: [Epic] "FIREPOWER" and Blast Markers

From: Scott Shupe <shupe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:44:00 -0400

Andy Skinner wrote:

> > I assume your way is that out-of-range weapons count
> > towards suppression? That doesn't make any more sense than
> > the official way. Alan Brain's method is the only one that
> > really makes sense.
>
> Sorry, I don't remember this at all. What is Alan's method?

        That you apply the BM loss per detachment being fired
at. So if you have a Shadowsword with 1 BM, another detachment
coming into range of the FP guns doesn't make the tank suddenly
able to shoot its volcano cannon at a detachment further away.
At least, I think that was Alan's idea and not someone else's.

        Of course, that makes BMs even more powerful than they
already are, and the disrupt weapons are underpriced as it is...

        The new rules in Firepower sound interesting, and I
like the fact that they increased the price of the Land Raider.
But I don't see how they could perceive the need to make all
AT-bearing vehicles more expensive and leave the disrupt units
as is. And, while I always thought that WEs were somewhat
overpriced for what you got, giving them new crit tables AND
giving them the ability to have real orders without adjusting
their price seems like a mistake. Kinda like what GW did to
titans in TL.

Scott Shupe
shupe_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Stupid f**king words!" - Fugazi