Re: [Epic] Epic Escarmouches

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:11:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Elias Tiliakos wrote:

> I don't think pasta was invented by the Italians...
>
> Try the Chinese. Marco Polo brought "pasta" back from China.

I think you're correct-- It seems the the Chinese invented many things
(mass produced paper,sailing navies,gunpowder) but the leaders didn't see
the advantages to them, and did not have them developed as the europeans
did.

always got the feeling that the western explorers saw that stuff, and
thought like," say, these fireworks are pretty, but with a little work,
you could kill someone with it, and make some $$$ in the process"
and so, took those ideas back to europe, and got rich.

> Elias

**
mike
**