RE: [Epic] Mailing List

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 16:06:10 -0400

> The password is to ensure privacy of your data and if you want to
> unsubscribe.......Or I can unsubscribe if email me.......Thats all
> that it is for.

Right, but it is one more thing for people to remember. Many seem to be
unable to remember how to unsub, and it can get annoying.

However, I see that a welcome message includes both my password and the site
I need to go to to unsubscribe. So I, who do keep these messages, will have
what I need. On the other hand, generic information for unsubscribing won't
be so good. Currently we can send the address and what to put in the
message to people who lost the info. (Except for that one guy who claimed
he never signed up and it wouldn't take his address and kept shouting at us
to remove him, when we had no ability to do so. I did my best to get him
straightened out with somebody, since we didn't have an admin, and I guess
he finally got off.)

Is there an administrator email address, or would admin business go directly
to your other address?

Is the address for email space-marine_at_...? I'll cc to that to try
it out. :)

Thanks,
andy