RE: [Epic] Our new home ??

From: Brad Hann <bhann_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 07:10:17 +1000

At 13:16 18/09/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Maybe the various people proposing to host the list should write up
>proposals for what is involved, how much control they could have in keeping
>the list up, etc., and post 'em. Then we could choose one.
>
>It's great to have lots of volunteers, but is pretty confusing, too.

I'd have to say that if Tor can indeed get us an extension, this is the way
we have to go in the short term, simply because it is obviously going to
take us quite some time to decide what to do next.

I've offered the uses of my server, but I'm certainly not a majordomo guru.
 If anyone else out there knows much about it, they'd probably be a better
choice. I would like to keep it on majordomo, though, for the simple
reason that a transfer of the subscription list could be accomplished
cleanly, without any special action required on the part of we the
subscribers (well, except for changing our address books, of course).

If it makes a difference, I actually work for my ISP.

Brad