Re: [Epic] FIREPOWER Follow Up question

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:37:57 -0500

Trevor Morley wrote:

> What if snap fire could only be done once per detatchment instead of once
> per unit. This would mean that a flyer detatchment would be susceptible to
> AA attacks from all over the board but that it wouldn't suffer astronomical
> casualties, unless there were lots of AA wpns deployed?
>
> Trevor Morley

Well, then it wouldn't really be snap fire ... but maybe "flak snap" ... but,
better than the rule as outlined in Firepower.

Actually, my problem lies more with the snap fire being allowed at up to the
Flak weapon's full range ... 30 cm, even 45 cm! This range AND the usual snap
fire rule create a fairly effective No Fly Zone. Heck, this one Saddam would
have to acknowledge and respect!

Greg