RE: [Epic] Titan Parts -Reply -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 14:37:57 +0000

It also does say right in the article that the bits would be avail. through mail
order.
----------
Cyril Crocker

Sauron1 writes;
     I broke down and bought WD 224 today and saw the extra bits added
to the Battletek Titan. I understand they were just for the GW
Illuminatii at
HQ and will never be released to the poor buying public.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Though if we all request them we might get them to release a few, some
interesting 40K bits are available thru the journal suchas the three turret
systems and of course the Thunderhawk.
  As I recall there was a powerfist on one Titan and a heavily modified
carapace with two four tube rocket launchers on another that I cannot
identify from anywhere, though the powerfist could be a serious
conversion, it's only seen from one angle.
Krass
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The way I read that article, and I think Sauron did as well, was that the
original Titan parts were\will be available from Mail Order. The parts I noted
above were ones that I could not recognise as being part of GW's previous
AT/SM or SM/TL parts output.
  Note that some of the parts, such as the Devotional Bell, listed in the MO
section of the (UK) WD 224 were for AT/SM, and no rules existed for them
in SM/TL. We are talkings parts that are quite old (8-10 years ?).
  Sauron's point was (I assume) that he had inquired about obtaining some
bits, been told that the previous stuff was available but that some were
especially cast up for the Design Studio in Nottingham (UK) and would not
be on general release. This is of course a bitch because GW normally
operate a WYSIWYG policy with their minis which means that half the parts
won't fit the new Warlord, and other parts such as the powerfist which
were only ever produced in plastic, are out of production :-(

Krass