[Epic] trying to reach consensus on the list

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:19:12 -0400

Hi. We've obviously had a flurry of activity, with various people saying "I
could do such and such" and various other people saying "count me in". I
think we need to take a look at the current options and all get up and go.
:)

1) Mike Looney has started epic_at_egroups.com. (Subscribe at
http://www.eGroups.com.)
There are a number of people there already (1/5 to 1/3 of the list by now?).
It does have a two-line (plus separator) footer on the bottom of messages,
but since that includes instructions for subscription/unsubscription, that
could be helpful.

2) various people are offering to start up majordomo lists
I don't know the status of these.

James has withdrawn his test lists. (Thanks for all the efforts, James.)
Sauron wasn't really offering a new list, but giving information about one
of the attempts going on at the time.

I don't know of other options. We could hold a vote for what's official,
though Mike's list is gaining momentum already. Are there objections to it?

If you are among those holding off to see what's going to happen, I'd
encourage you to help make it happen and subscribe to the epic_at_egroups list.
If you have objections to that one, please share, and let's work it out.

If I have any new articles, unless consensus shifts, I intend to only post
to the new list. I'll respond to discussions on the old list, perhaps.
I'll stay subscribed here until the ship goes down, though. :)

andy