Re: [Epic] Disrupts Idea

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:29:24 +1000

Greg Lane wrote:

> Some of my 'Epic' friends (truly BIG folk ... sorry!) and I have been
> discussing the Disrupts (excessive) points we have touched on here
> recently.

> We are
> thinking that once a detachment has as many BM's on it as necessary to
> be equal to its MP's, then additional BM's would be converted to "hits"
> or a unit destroyed.

> First, what do you think of this idea in general?
>
> Second, who would be willing to do some playtest to see what the correct
> ratio of BM's to units destroyed should be and how the rule would work
> in general?

Howza Bout:
6 - Target takes a hit
5 - Target takes a BM
1-4 No effect

This would decrease the number of BMs by 2/3, but give casualties as
well.

Consider that an FP of 2 is equal to Disrupt according to the pts
formulae (all units that have Disrupt, or FP2, and all other things
equal, have the same pts value).

2 FP means, under most circumstances, 1 die. Against armour 5 troops,
the effect of a Disrupt is similar, against armour 4 worse, against
armour 6, better.

It would also make Disrupts less powerful than AT shots, but working
sorta kinda similarly (ignoring cover etc).

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo