Re: [Epic] Paintbrushes?

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:17:15 -0600

Sauron1 wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;Group Question;
>
> I buy $10.00 plus stuff and the GW line WAS good, but now they all seem
> to split and the point not constant. I know I use Humbrol Enamels but I
> therefore constantly clean with fresh thinner, not turps and re-point before
> setting aside upright.

I've never had a good citadel brush. My favorite was the one that went from a
nice point to young einstein merely by wetting it the first time. It happened so
quickly I thought I heard a small "whoosh" sound.

> A: What brushes do you use?

My favorite are Loew-Cornell white nylons. They can last several months of my
drybrush intensive technique, and hold their points well.

> B:What do you pay for them?

$2-3 US.

> C:Have you found a deterioration in Quality lately?

No, Nylon is consistent.

Thane