Re: [Epic] Will it, won't it...

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:36:59 -0500

KrazyLlama_at_... wrote:

> James Topa wrote:
> > 10 Let HotPotato=0
> > 20 HotPotato=HotPotato+1
> > 30 Goto 10
> > 40 End
>
> Tsk! That'll just loop forever, as you redefine HotPotato as 0 everytime you
> goto 10. It's a badly written piece of code. :)
>
> Shervin

Yeah, it should be "30 GO TO 20" and, you really need some sort of output
statement, display or print otherwise it just sits there and appears to do
nothing! And, at some points it would be nice to add a test to allow the loop
to stop so the operator doesn't have to abend the CRAY machine ... hahahahahaha

(This is entirely a joke ...for the funny bone impaired!)

Greg

P.S. And I apologize to everyone for encouraging the programmer crowd with my
earlier comment ... mea culpa