Re: [Epic] Firepower - My 5 cents

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:38:08 +0100

Michael and Catherine Goh wrote:

> Super Heavy Tanks - initially it talks about super heavy tanks SUCH AS ...
> then makes specific references to the Baneblades, Shadowswords and Ork
> Battlefortresses. What I'm not too clear about is do these rules apply to
> Eldar ones as well (which actually describe them as super heavy tanks in
> their description). I hope so otherwise it disadvantages the Eldar
> compared to the Imperials. The Eldar ones are more vulnerable due to their
> 5 armour, but less so as they can pop up attack.

Actually I was recently considering whether to buy another Scorpion or some
more Fire Prisms for my Eldar army and noticed an interesting calculation.
Three Fire prisms (what comes in the Bubble pack) gives you three AT shots and
three damage points, one for each tank. This, with the new points costs sets
your detachment back 120 points. The Scorpion now delivers d6AT shots, a DC=4
with same armour and only costs only 110 points for your detachment. Course it
can't FLak attack, but it makes one think - it isn't such a bad deal anymore .
. . bang for buck.

A#