Re: [Epic] Epic 40k army construction

From: Christian Taylor <kristian_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 16:20:17 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Paul Tobia wrote:

> So let's see what we've got:
> -------------------------
> 1x IG Command
> 1x IG Command (+Psyker)
> 4x IG Regulars (2 squads)
> 4x IG Hvy (4 squads)
> 5x Chimeras
> 5x Sentinels (1 squad)
> 2x Leman Russ
>
> Points total is: 88 (Command) + 140 (Main) + 129 (Support) = 257 points.

Interesting. The old system would have given this formation a point value
(not including any discounts, but command stands for free) of ~718 points.

A few examples, and comparisons:

                OLD NEW NEW PRICE IS X% OF NEW
IG stand 20 7 .35%

Heavy Stand 40 14 .35%

Sentinal 20 8 .40%

Chimera 33.3 14 .42%

Leman Russ 66.6 32 .48%

This would seem to indicate that vehicle prices have risen (or infantry
have gotten cheaper). Anyway, no conclusions yet. Just the start of a
great deal of number crunching once the rules come out.

So, this "detachment" is an independent force that moves and fires
together? Or do the units in it get to fire seperately?

Also, I gather that all units have to stay within X cm of the command
stands, in lieu of the old 6cm coherency rules? (not a big change for IG
I know, but might put a cramp in SM tactics)

Never-ending-questions, least till I get my hands on the rulebook.

Christian