RE: [Epic] E40k Units Squads Detachments

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 19:18:50 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Michael the Liu wrote:

> So am I correct in my analysis that barrages can now have an effective
> diameter of more than 60cm (30cm in every direction from each command HQ),
> with there being 3 command HQs?

First off the there's only ever one HQ in a detachment. IG infantry is
speical in that you have multiple Command units which limits the number of
squads you can take, but there's only one HQ. If that dies then another
Command takes the HQ role.

That's a really strangely worded question that I don't quite understand,
but I'll try to specifiy how barrages work.

You place the template on the targeted detachment within LOS and range
(Artillery units aren't affected by LOS tho, but that's a special case)
The number of units under the barrage is the amount of firepower attaking
the detachment. So a thinly spread detachment is less suseptable to
barrages than a closely packed one.

Once you decide the firepower it's just like normal shooting resolution,
and in normal shooting you take the casualties from the front of the det.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy