Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:47:00 +0000

<Snip a bunch of quotes>

> It seems to me that the quotes you have taken so much effort to type in
> (thankyou!) prove my point rather than disprove it.
>
> 1. You can only CC something if you make contact with the model.
> 2. You can CC a titan if you are in contact with the base.
>
> which gives us...
>
> 3. The base is part of the model.
>

> This being the case, don't you "stop moving immediately" you are pinned by
> the enemy model as it states in the first of your quotes above?
>
> Agro

I'd like to re-quote a paragraph that both you and Tony used for
opposite arguements.

"In order to fight against a Titan or Gargant in close combat vehicles,
super heavy vehicles and troop stands must move into contact with the
model super heavy vehicles and troop stands must move into contact with the
model itself, usually moving so that they touch the model's feet (or
equivalent)."

Here it says that to close combat a titan you must touch the MODEL.
It then says that this is usually the FEET.
To me this seems to suggest that the BASE *can't* be part of the
MODEL.

So you don't stop moving until you touch the model (Titans feet).

The case of skimmers and jump troops is an exception, in that they
can close combat the titan without needing to touch the model. Since
they can" jump at it ".

Colin P
9404237p_at_...