Re: [Epic] Eldar things in old and new epic

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:31:44 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Mark A Shieh wrote:

> > Most definetly. 20cm Move, 45cm Range, 2FP, no Assault, 6+ Armor.
>
> Quick rules clarification: This means that with normal shots in the
> middle of a flat plain, I need a 5+ to hit a Phantom Titan but a 6+ to
> hit a War Walker? Nifty. I hope the jetbikes also get
> maneuverability saves.

But War walkers don't get the 2+ Holo-Field save.

> Is there only 1 type of support platform?

Yes.

> What?!? Could you clarify this statement as well? Does this
> mean that although the Imperials have a complete list, I'll have to
> shell out $40 to get complete Eldar rules?

If you remember the Epic catalog released it previewed the Eldar
dino-riders (Exodites)... There won't be a supplement for them, but I
assume that they're going ahead with the idea anyway... if so, it'll be in
WD... GW is serious when they say there won't be any seperate rules sets,
everything will be in WD.

The Epic 40k set includes rules for all the Elda units I mentioned.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy