Re: [Epic] Falcon vs Wave Serpents

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:28:15 GMT

At 01:49 PM 17/3/97 +0800, you wrote:
>At 22:33 16/03/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, oki_at_... wrote:
>>
>>> Folks, what is this I hear about Falcon being not able to carry troops, and
>>> that itsn function now is more of a battle tank than an armoured personnel
>>> carrier ? And that Wave serpents is now the standard armoured personnel
>>> carrier (APC) ?
>>>
>>> Paul, any feedback ?
>>
>>Sorry to say it's true... Falcons can only carry 1 stand and have an armor
>>of 5+. Wace serpents can carry 2 stands and have an armor of 6+. Both
>>Falcons and Wave Serpents have the same availability in the detachment
>>creation lists, and they are of equal points value, so there's no need to
>>scrap your whle army, but WS are better at carrying.
>>

>That is the concern :( BTW I heard that the Falcons are souped up, not just
>a lascannon (?) but also shuriken weapons and more. Is this true - and that
>Falcon is really been redesigned primarily as a battle tank ? Also, does the
>WS still have their "wave" thing ?
>
>Regards
>Oki
>p.s. In case Falcons indeed have totally different weapons (not just
>different function and load carrying capability), here's my 2 cents worth....
>
>Why don't GW just leave Falcon alone as Guardians mode of transport (with
>two stands), Wave Serpents (one or two is fine) are used primarily for
>special troops like (Aspect Warriors, Exarch, Warlocks etc). If GW wants to
>create new Eldar tanks by all means go ahead and create new ones (Cobra or
>something like that), instead of meddling around with the functions of the
>old ones. It would be a lot less disrupting and less expensive to do that.
>Can you imagine if suddenly those guys come up and say, "Sorry mate, we have
>remade a newer, more detailed model of the Tempest, and oh yeah ! they will
>be your new primary troop transport carrier. So want to buy newer models to
>replace your olde transport carrier ?"
>
>Drat !!!

Drat?!? How polite...

The 50 - 100 falcons my wife has (all right - I already know she's
obsessed!) rendered inoperative as troop carriers, and now she will have to
field all dozen of her damn wave serpents (and maybe a few more for good
measure...) - thank God she has so many of the little buggers, but what
about other folks? $15 a troop transport seems a little steep even for GW...

Agro