Re: [Epic] Epic 40K card?

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 12:44:22 -0800

Peter Ramos wrote:

> > >All the 2nd edition Epic games I played were finished during the
> > >first or second turn??
> > >
> Yup, thats been my experience through the years. Two turns are the norm
> (in the three of four gaming groups I've run anyway), three being less
> frequent and one turn knockouts being rare (more so since the advent of
> snap fire weapons). I have never played a four turn game and maybe
> witness one I presided over two neophytes trying the game for the first
> time. In my experience, the higher the points played usually the two
> turn average ingrains itself even more.

Interesting.

I've played one game which lasted 2 turns, a number at 3, but most at
4-6, and a few at 8 or more. Maximum 13. When playing as Tyrannids, the
game nearly always lasts at least 6.
Let's see, last few games were (Myself, Opponent, Length, Size in Kpts)

Orcs, Squats, 3, 3K
Tyrannids, Space Marines, 14, 6K
Orcs, Titan Legion, 5, 10K
Tyrannids, Squats, 9, 5K
Orcs, Squats+ Imp Guard, 7, 15K
Orcs, SpaceMarines 4, 5K

Hmmm... must give my Chaos army a run soon.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture