RE: [Epic] Rumours, Idiots and the nude women

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:15:58 -0600

At 05:03 PM 3/21/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Sonnies, I remember, back in 1987 or so, a similar incident
>on the comp.graphics newsgroup, before they started talking
>about the "web" or the "information superhighway". Someone
>posted the text of a less-than-serious paper which had been
>published at a SIGGRAPH conference. The paper was "Ray-tracing
>Jell-O(tm) Brand Gelatin", by Paul Heckbert (from the Dessert
>Foods Division of Pixar).
>
>andy
>andy.skinner_at_...

You know, that sounds vaguely like a psych abstract that I saw reprinted in
the _Journal of Irreproducible Results_. To this day I'm not sure if it was
an actual reprint or a clever parody. It just sounded too official to be a
parody, plus the printing was such that it looked like a photocopy or
scanned image of an actual abstract.

ANYWAY, it had to do with the reactions of cats when their testes were
deformed by an impact. The sum of the abstract was "if you thump a cat's
nuts he jumps around and squawls."

Positively overflowing with useless information today,
Tempest