Re: [Epic] Games Workshop webpage

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:12:59 +0800

At 09:35 25/03/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>Hey everybody, the GW webpage is back up and they have
>>some new Epic 40k pictures (well, new to me anyway).
>>Check out http://www.games-workshop.com/newreleases/epic40000.html
>>There's a small shot of the new falcon, which is...
>>different from the current one. They also have shots
>>of the new Mec... err Warlord titan, and a new Gargant
>>(very boxy looking). Anyway, just thought you'd like
>>to know.
>
>The warlord is well, very mech like, which I think most agree dosen't look
>so good. The new flacon, while being hugely different form the original IMHO
>looks pretty good, going against popular opinion here. I think it better
>suits the Eldar designs. And the gargant looks pretty good, but they took
>his nuts off and chucked 'em in his gut. I'm not getting it purely for that
>reason.
>
>>Scott
>>shupes_at_...

> Colonel Abrahms, 22nd NU-Atol Regiment
> Rekartot Redbacks Senior Coach
> "No Spanky, No. Bad monkey"
> email J.Stephensen_at_...

IMO, both of these big machines are not worth the prices and the effort :)

The Falcon does indeed look very good. However my main grouse is that they
could have left Falcon alone, and give that new bat-plane machine an
alternative name. Then the old players have the option of either fielding
the new unit (if he has the money, time and inclination) or just sticking to
his old units. By totally revamping the Falcon - making it in a battle
tank/skimmer and losing its' primary transport function as well as changing
its look - quite a lot of old Eldar players will have to buy the new Wave
Serpent at the very least.

At least they did not fiddle around with the function of Titans that much -
ok, the weapons classification stinks. But I can still used my Warlord MK1,
MK2 as they are, whereas Falcons is like an entirely new model with new
function. It should have a new name too.

Regards
Oki