Re: [Epic] Tank models

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:44:33 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Alan Brain wrote:

> It's GHQ Microarmour, right? I have a few HUNDRED of these, and the
> photos at this site NOT do them justice. They really are MORE detailed
> than they look in the photos- use a magnifying glass and you can see the
> clamps holding on to the wire rope coiled on the side of a Tiger 1E.

A few HUNDRED of these? That's really a *ton* of miniatures, heehee...

> I got them since they came 5 to a resealable plastic box for Australian
> $2.25-$2.95 (that is $3.00-$3.50US) rather than the $20 Australian for 5
> in a blister pack (or $16 US ) they are today here, ie 2x US price.

Geez... A while back I bought a bunch of the old GHQ/RAFM microarmor that
were for sale at $2.25 (Canadian, no less) for five tanks and $1.25 for
five APC/MICVs. Those were great! Too bad the newer blisters are all for
$12.00 (Canadian) for five minis now.

> So for epic - not really. But Epic infantry fit quite well with them, a
> teency bit big, but not grossly so. And the Modern stuff is perfect for
> low-tech SF games.

Well, some of the bigger microarmor stuff *might* be okay for Epic. I
have a bunch of German Raketen Panzers (they look like big APCs) that I
plan on using as IG Chimera variants. They look *sort* of alike. Not
having any IG infantry, I simply cut the dunce caps off the Eldar
Guardians and paint them in IG colors.