Re: [Epic] How to deal with artillery

From: Us <xenos_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:25:50 -0800

>Fellow Epic players,
> My usual opponent plays a force consisting of a space
>marine/Imperial Guard Mix. He basically uses the tanks and infantry of
>marines with the artillery and leviathan of the guard. He has taken an
>artillery company to count as his IG company which makes the force legal
>(I think- We don't have a copy of Armies of the Imperium). I play an
>Orcish Horde and am having a lot of trouble dealing with his artillery.
>It seems that dragsta shields are the only chance that I have of even
>hoping to avoid having all of my units blown up but I don't want to be
>cheesy by taking a ton of them. Does anyone have some strategies for
>dealing with artillery? I usually try to rush him which works with mixed
>sucess. My force has Goffs and a Kult to charge, Death Skulls with Land
>Raiders to Advance, and Bad Moonz with braincrushas and weirdboys to fire
>from a distance (this is usually his primary target).
>
> Sincerely,
> Adam Blitzer
> a.k.a.
> Grimmskull Ironsack

I found a nice way to deal with squat large guns... I simply used the not
so trusty shokk attack gun... and if the snotlings get close enough and get
close combat.. they usually win as large artillery has a very low HTH close
combat score. worked great in my last battle. whats cool is the shokk
attacks unlimited range.

Xenos - Ork commander